Why should you have your home professionally valued? There are many circumstances for which this is absolutely essential, which will be discussed in this article. The most common reason for getting a valuation done is of course when you want to put your home on the market. But there are other reasons too – read on to find out more.
You Want to Sell Your Home
Getting an accurate valuation done is obviously a necessity before selling your property. If your home is overpriced, any potential buyers will be put off straight away and you will find yourself with zero viewings. On the flip side, if the price is too cheap, your home will of course attract a lot of interest, but you will then lose money on the sale. Also, any savvy buyers will be wary and wonder why the price is so low, and will therefore avoid it altogether. So you can see why getting a professional valuation done is of paramount importance before putting your home up for sale, to ensure that you sell it quickly whilst also making a profit. You should be aware that some rather unscrupulous estate agents will provide you with an over-inflated valuation just so they can win you as their client, however, this will do you no favours whatsoever.
You Need to Insure Your Home
Making sure you have an accurate valuation of your home is really important when you want to insure it. This is because, if the valuation that you provide the insurance company is too low, then you will obviously lose out if your home is destroyed by fire or flooding for example. And if the insurance company receives a valuation that is too high, you will be paying too much for your insurance. So, for complete peace of mind, while at the same time avoiding over-paying, you need to be absolutely sure of what your home is worth.
You Would Like to Remortgage Your Home
Should you find yourself in a situation where you need to free up some extra cash, perhaps to send the kids to university or to pay for some home improvements – or you simply want to see if you can get a better mortgage deal, then you want to know the true value of your home. You want to be assured that the information you provide in your application is accurate. This is a major finance deal, and as such you need to have complete assurance, which can only be had by establishing the true worth of your home.
You Have Purchased a Property as an Investment
The vast majority of homes are purchased by people with the sole intention of putting a roof over their families’ heads and keeping them safe. But if you have bought a property as an investment opportunity, you will of course want to know exactly what it’s worth, and what improvements could be made to it so that you can be assured of a good return on your investment.
Free Property Valuation
These are the reasons for needing to get a valuation done, and there are a vast number of tests and checks that are carried out on your property in order to come up with an accurate figure – so, you might want to know what the factors are that will influence how much your home is worth. These are:
– The location of your home; what part of the country it’s in, how close it is to local amenities (for example, schools and transport links), and how big the demand is for property in that area.
– How large your home is and the number of rooms it has
– Whether the building itself is in good condition or not, and how old it is
– Any improvements which might have been made, for example, a loft conversion, extension, new fitted kitchen etc
– Any possible structural improvements which may have been done
– The size and condition of the garden, if it has one
– The actual layout of your home, including the amount of available storage space
– The fixtures and fittings
– The state of the heating and electrics – these should be up-to-date and of a high standard
– Any insulation in place, and any double glazing which has been installed
Clifford Smith & Buchanan
So, to book your free property valuation, get in touch with us here at Clifford Smith & Buchanan