About CSB and our History
Expertly finding your home
Originally an old bank, Clifford Smith & Buchanan (CSB) sits within a prestigious protected high street building location with defining features and a distinguished presence both online and offline.
Established as a solicitor’s office in 1928, CSB expanded its expertise to include estate agency and conveyancing services all under one roof to facilitate ease of accessibility to our in-house resources and a smooth process for all of our clients.
Still standing in its characterful building with charm today CSB estate agency and legal services continues to be proud of its historical stature within the area and fuses its industry prowess with specialist expertise to successfully serve homeowners and buyers within the local area and beyond.
- CSB was founded in 1928 by Mr Clifford Smith. During the war, Clifford served with great distinction as a squadron leader based in Burma and was mentioned in despatches.
- Ian Buchanan qualified as a solicitor in 1968 at the age of 21 years, one of the youngest solicitors to ever qualify in the country, with a distinction in criminal law.
- Ian’s son, David Buchanan, joined CSB in 2006 as a trainee and was admitted as a solicitor in 2008. On 1st October 2012, David became partner.
- CSB expanded to include estate agency in 1988, complimenting its conveyancing and legal services with professional property personnel. This facilitates ease of accessibility to in-house resources and offers a smooth process for clients.
- CSB was acquired by Guardian solicitors in 2020 and continues to be proud of its historical stature within the area and fuses its industry prowess with specialist expertise to successfully serve homeowners and buyers within the local area and beyond.
At CSB we understand that a home is more than a home and we know that buying and selling is more than just bricks and mortar to our clients.
That’s why we’re on hand to carefully guide you through every step of the process with our very own online management tracking system, wealth of local knowledge, extensive property expertise and in-house conveyancing and legal services.
If you’re looking to buy or sell a property in Pendle and the surrounding areas you can call us directly on 01282 860 606 or get in touch by email: email@example.com.